We’re embarking on an ambitious field maintenance plan beginning in 2009 for the 2010 season. Current financial conditions in the district have forced cuts in all areas including maintenance. We’re working with the maintenance department to identify areas where coaches and parent volunteers can assist in field upgrades and repair. Here is a list of items we are planning to complete before the 2010 season.
- Paint scoreboard
- Repair and/or replace unusable JV backstop
- Repair and paint equipment shed.
- Repair the infield grass arc and prepare for 40′ [43′ in 2011] pitching distance.
- Level the transition from the infield to the outfield grass
- Repair and/or replace wood borders around Varsity and JV infield areas [Thanks to a great group of volunteers – Fred Lotz, Todd and TJ Richter, Rolando Salangsang, Scott Lindberg, Doyle Hershberger]
- Add drainage between JV and Varsity fields to prevent off-season damage
- Add caged area for Gator tractor
- Add additonal concrete slabs in batting cage area [Thanks TMR Construction]
- Finance additonal fencing and gates for additional control during grass growing periods [Thanks to our own fundraising efforts and maintenance]
- Repair and upgrade pitching area. Prepare for 43′ transition
- Convert unused grass areas in right field to hitting stations
- Repair or replace damaged backstop fencing on Varsity field [FINANCE]
- Add additional fencing and gates [FINANCE] [Thanks Boynton Fence]
Materials are paid from a portion of our fund raising efforts and labor is all volunteer. If your sitting around on the weekend waiting for football to start finish or are completely board because softball is a bunch of few months away then please consider throwing a few hours at the field.